Asociatia Voluntariat pentru Viata (“Volunteering for Life” Association) is a NGO, founded in December 2012 on the initiative of some specialists in the field of education, art, history, social assistance and is aiming to meet the underprivileged people’s needs, offering them help and support, respecting their dignity.
The mission of Asociatia Voluntariat pentru Viata is to promote volunteering and civic consciousness.
Asociatia Voluntariat pentru Viata performs the following duties:
* develops activities based on non-formal education aiming to enhance social functioning, integration and cooperation among young people;
* provides counsel, therapy and specialized assistance in order to prevent social marginalization;
The aims of the Association are:
* to offer multidisciplinary services for individuals who find themselves in situations of critical social difficulty;
* to provide support for people in need who are socially excluded;
* to conduct social research and monitor the phenomenon of social exclusion;
* to plan programs of assistance for individuals who are in social crisis;
* to run social integration programs for children who are socially excluded;
* to train professionals in working with underprivileged people;
* to set up and collaborate with day centres and residential care facilities.
Through its programs, Asociatia Voluntariat pentru Viata wishes to assist these categories of underprivileged people, helping them to integrate and adapt themselves and last but not least, supporting and giving them information related to finding a job or the possibility of vocational training or retraining.
Asociatia Voluntariat pentru Viata is actively involved in the field of non-formal education by developing and implementing youth projects to promote cultural heritage, environment, healthy lifestyle, education, social inclusion. Asociatia Voluntariat pentru Viata promotes active participation in society based on voluntary work among young people and aims to develop their personal, social and professional skills through non-formal education. Based on this principle, Asociatia Voluntariat pentru Viata began to develop and implement youth projects in the framework of Youth in Action programme. Although we are in the second year of existence, our Association has implemented two projects under Sub-Action 1.2 Youth Initiatives, one promoting cultural heritage and the second one – the environment.
Asociatia Voluntariat pentru Viata, as sending and hosting organization, promotes EVS among young people and this year it is going to host its first European volunteers over a period of 6 months.
Asociatia Voluntariat pentru Viata carries out its work in partnership with local and regional schools and local social centers, offering the chance to their target groups to participate in the projects of the Association. Asociatia Voluntariat pentru Viata also carries out local activities such as: the voluntary actions “Make a gift for Christmas”, “Make a gift for Easter” in which we involve many volunteers from our community; fund raising for medical interventions for children with health problems coming from families with fewer opportunities.
Our organisation has as human resources a skilled personnel who are well trained and motivated:
* a psychologist who is experienced in working with people in difficulty;
* a social worker who designed and implemented various projects in the social field and who is also qualified in special psycho pedagogy and is working with disabled children;
* a doctor who is also the vice-president of our organisation and deals with the safety and protection measures in each project;
* a history teacher who is the president of our organisation and who is experienced in working with young people;
* the work of our organisation is also supported by many community volunteers;
* active volunteers who are part of the implementation team of our projects:
* a jurist who has knowledge in project management, time management and conflict management;
a volunteer experienced in working with young people, who was coach in one of our projects.